Parent/Guardian Legal Disclaimer
IF UNDER AGE 18
I, AS THE PARENT/GUARDIAN WITH LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ABOVE LISTED MINOR PERSON, DO CONSENT AND AGREE TO HIS/HER RELEASE AS PROVIDED ABOVE, AND FOR MYSELF, I RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS BEACON BAPTIST CHURCH, ITS MEMBERS, TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVE, AGENTS, LESSEES AND VOLUNTEERS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES INCIDENT TO MY MINOR CHILD'S INVOLVEMENT OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY ACTIVITY ON THE PREMISES OF BEACON BAPTIST CHURCH, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The Fellowship Hall and Gymnasium owned by Beacon Baptist Church (known as Building C) is dedicated to the glory of God and the furtherance of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our desire is that all members and guests of Beacon Baptist Church enjoy the facility with the understanding that our first priority is to please God in all that we do. In furtherance of these objectives, we have instituted the following rules to govern all sporting events held in Building C:
- A Beacon Baptist Church staff member or Church member appointed by the Pastor must be in charge of each activity held in Building C. This "Event Leader" must be present at each activity and must enforce all the sporting event rules.
- High personal conduct standards must be followed including no profanity, no inappropriate dress or conduct, no aggressive behavior toward another member/guest and no outbursts of anger.
- No deliberate damage to property and equipment (i.e. no hanging on basketball rims, no throwing things at the lights, etc.).
- No littering of the building or property.
- When waiting for playing time, new players and players who have sat out the longest have priority for the court.
- No unsupervised minors.
- If asked by the Event Leader to leave the property, failure to do so may result in permanent dismissal from the property among other consequences.
- The Event Leader has ultimate authority on the property and may enforce additional rules.
Acknowledgement of Sporting Event Rules
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Sporting Event Rules and agree to be bound by these rules:
I DO HEREBY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, INJURIES (INCLUDING DEATH OR DISABILITY), ILLNESSES (INCLUDING ANY INFECTIONS OR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE), OR LOSSES THAT I MAY SUSTAIN OR INCUR, IF ANY, WHILE ATTENDING, PRACTICING, PARTICIPATING IN OR WATCHING ANY SPORTING EVENT OR OTHER PHYSICAL ACTIVITY ON THE PREMISES OF BEACON BAPTIST CHURCH. I HEREBY ASSUME FULL RISK, WAIVE ALL CLAIMS AND RELEASE AND HOLD BEACON BAPTIST CHURCH, ITS MEMBERS, TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, LESSEES AND VOLUNTEERS, INDIVIDUALLY OR OTHERWISE, HARMLESS FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND.
In Consideration of my participation in and the use of the Beacon Baptist Church facilities (including as a spectator), I hereby release and covenant not to sue the Church, its members, trustees, directors, officers, employees, representatives, volunteers, agents, and lessees from any and all present claims resulting from ordinary negligence and inherent risk of use of the facilities and equipment of Beacon Baptist Church including, but not limited to, any loss, injury, damage or liability sustained by me while on or about the premises of Beacon Baptist Church.